Mitsubishi GX Developer worldwide cost?

For a number of years we've used the Mitsubishi A-series plc on equipment we manufacture and sell around the globe. The Mits hardware is good and ok in price. The support in USA is non-existent. The software is plain awful when compared to RSLogix or CIMplicity and probably others. But until recently it was cheap - about US$400 for GX Developer ver 7. I have to purchase a copy for each machine delivered. Recently the price suddenly jumped to $1100 here in USA. Same awful s/w except now it has cryptkey on it forcing me to call or email Mits USA to get the secret code to activate it. A couple of weeks ago my field guy was commissioning in Korea. The customer wanted his own copy of GX Dev so he called the local Korean Mits guy. Who rushed over and delivered both Korean and English versions of GX Developer ver 8, brand new in-the-box, for a grand total of US$80 !!! Plus it did not appear to have the cryptkey nonsense on it (although my guy wasn't certain about that).

My question is for you GX Developer users around the globe - how much are you paying for it? And do you have to go through a bunch of hassle when registering it? I'll be damned if I'm going to reward Mitsubishi with $1100 per copy for a very poor, buggy, awkward piece of software if I can start buying it elsewhere in the world via my agents and offices in Europe and Asia.

Thanks for any input you have. Please respond via the newsgroup as the email is spam-proofed.

Dale

Seattle USA

Reply to
QDH