ASP 61

I just got an ASP 61 in a buy out and was wondering if anyone here has been running one.. I have no experience with them. What gives with these engines. Any info would be helpful. Eddie Fulmer

Reply to
Efulmer

go to

or (same engine just bigger bore)
or
or
hope it helps. pretty much seen as bulletproof / idiot proof / strong engines.

regards Roy

Reply to
Roy

I have an older r> I just got an ASP 61 in a buy out and was wondering if anyone here has been

Reply to
RCFlyr

Some of these engines are great. Some of these engines are real P.O.S. I have had a couple of each.

Reply to
Bill

We tend to consider them older generation OS but extremely well built and bomb/bullet proof. Once run in very reliable.

Reply to
John Hollinshead

made by Sanye Machinery Co.,Ltd = ASP, AP, Magnum,SC etc

powerful motor, the .61 has had three major mods since being available here early 90'3. One problem was that the original "O" rings in the contra needle of a pair of red head ASP .61s circa 1995 did not last long and needed early replacement to prevent them turning out and upsetting low speed and idle [stop the air leaks]. Do not run motor on less than 19% oil and ensure at least 5% castor in the mix e.g. Coolpower Omega. Email for copy of instruction sheet if reqd.

regards Alan T. Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Links

A.T.

The older ABC version honks and would not be blown away by a Kraft .61, but the HP might give it a good run for its money.

On the older ABC version, stick with props in the range of 11x7 and let it spin.

SS

Reply to
Simple Simon

Eddie..

The ASP's had a large carb bore, as you will notice, and therefore fuel draw was not the strongest around... The stock muffler worked well, but a lot of users went to Pitts style mufflers and could not get the engine to run...

The cause was the large exit area of the aftermarket mufflers. It was necessary to plug off one pipe to get the muffler back pressure to normal..

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Fulmer