ASP 75 low speed needle setting

Does anyone have an ASP 75 that can tell me what the low speed mixture needle setting should start at ?

I'm not really sure of how to adjust a low speed needle... This engine has both a low speed and a high speed needle. Any tips ?

Thanks.

Reply to
lettatest

MOST 2 cycle engines you adjust the high speed needle (peak the engine, then back off about 1/8 turn ), then you adjust the low speed (idle ) in

1/16 - 1/8 turn increments, then go back and readjust the high speed needle.

Unless you like pain and injury, I strongly suggest shutting the engine down BEFORE making any adjustments to the idle.

I don't know what the idle should be for an ASP, but again, with MOST 2 cycle engines, you would start with a gap in the spray bar of ABOUT

1/16" and work your way from there.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

Thanks for the reply. I also did a search on this group and found several very helpful posts.

Thanks.

Reply to
lettatest