Autogyro on Snow Skis!

Here is a 1MB video of my Tango Autogyro doing a touch-n-go in the snow:

Also a 1MB video of my Clipped Cub doing the same thing:

cheers!

m.

Reply to
M-M

Cool! Is that an O/D autogyro or is there a plan/kit available anywhere ?

Reply to
Boo

More info about the Tango here:

Includes where to order plans.

More pics here:

m.

Reply to
M-M

It came from plans out of Australia, but apparantly no longer available from the original source. I got mine from a modeler in Texas.

-- Red S. (enjoying yesterday's modeling with today's technology)

Reply to
Red Scholefield

It is still available from:

download the "RC Sports Models" .pdf. It is plan #621 Tango Autogyro.

It is a real hoot to fly and a double hoot on skis!

m-m

Reply to
M-M

What does "O/D" mean?

m-m

Reply to
M-M

Given the context, I'm guessing "original design", though "overdrive", "overdose", or "olivde drab" would first jump to mind in an automotive, medical or military context, respectively.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Thanks Red & M for the pointers,

Reply to
Boo

Yep - I meant"original design" or "own design"

Reply to
Boo

Every one I know that has built one is really happy with it. As they say, it is a hoot to fly. A good change of pace and can be handled by a novice that has soloed a trainer.

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

I'm curious if any one of the simulators discussed recently can model an autogyro. I haven't given it much thought for G3, but first thought is the heli-mechanics and normal prop are mutually exclusive. I expect you'll want collective pitch control on the rotors. How about the others?

Reply to
Boat

There are no heli-mechanics in an autogyro. The rotors are unpowered, freewheeling and fixed pitch.

I found that the Wright Flyer on G2 is the closest thing to flying a single rotor autogyro with a tilt control (you have to keep working rudder vs. aileron to keep the plane level). This dual-rotor Tango however has no tilt control and uses only 3 channels.

m-m

Reply to
M-M

There are some autogyros for FMS version 7.

Morris

Reply to
Morris Lee