B-52 MODEL FLYS

Just got referred to a Web Site that has photos as well as video clips of the model's first flight over in the UK. This sucker is HUGH --It is powered by EIGHT Wren Turbines! Check it out at

Cheers -- \__________Lyman Slack_________/ \______AMA6430 IMAA1564___/ \____Flying Gators R/C______/ \__Gainesville FL _________/ Visit my Web Site at:

Lyman Slack

WOW!

Reply to
Bill

Boy you said it, so very cooollllll. rick markle

Reply to
Aileron37

Awesome!

Looks like they're having trouble with the retracts.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Thanks for the link.... thats an amazing model... drool, drool.

Reg

Reply to
reg

The model was featured in one of the Brit mags a while back, and IIRC the issue with the L/G was whether to incorporate the cross-wind function of the 1:1 version. Tricky bit of fiddling, that.

Reply to
Fred McClellan

Nice indeed.

Too bad we won't be seeing anything like that flying under the AMA banner.

Another serious model effort is at

Fred McClellan

Martin

Please explain the retracts problem as you observed.

thanks

Reply to
Donovan Dow

Hey guys -- Let it go -- It was the FIRST test flight -- perhaps they didn't want to cycle the gear, huh?

Reply to
Lyman Slack

Please give use more video! And does this thing drop bombs? and if so how many? How about a video of it landing?

Reply to
AAAlias

They didn't seem fully retracted in the video I saw.

Possibly.

But it's fun to speculate. ;o)

It's also possible that they tried to retract the wheels and failed.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

I did notice there were videos of a Taxi test, a take off and fly bys. But nowhere was there a video of a landing. And I agree that in the one fly by it looked like the gear was not all the way in or out! One pass looked like the right rear was up and the door was closed. Another scene, the low pass, looked like both rear legs were almost all the way up while the front were partially retracted.

Again, where's the landing video?

Chuck

Reply to
C.O.Jones