B52 Crash Video's

Reply to
jim breeyear

Classically elevator controls speed, throttle controls rate of climb.

Its true around normal flying conditions in full size planes. Less so in models

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

OK D.H. Whatever you say!

Let's see now! Elevator controls speed (D.H. said so). So in the air I pull up and slow down. Push forward and speed up. Got it!

Now to take off, I need speed! So I should apply full down elevator to get the ball rolling?

Reply to
C.O.Jones

That would be the right pedal. Left pedal to shift. Both to stop.

Reply to
MikeWhy

Nope, wrong again. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Technically speaking, elevator controls pitch. Given a constant throttle setting, positive elevator (UP) will result in less speed and down will result in increased speed.

Under neutral trim, there will be a throttle point where the plane will fly level. Increase throttle and the plane will climb, reduce throttle and the plane will descend.

See, you are ALL right!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

LOL, OH Man, that`s a good one rick

Reply to
Aileron37

Ask any full size pilot.

And read what I wrote. Carefully.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Were you not listening? When most people are going to take off they intend to climb, so they apply throttle.

Reply to
C G

I was listening to D.H.! Are you suggesting he doesn't know what he's talking about? :)

If you aren't, I am!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

I was suggesting that in this case you chose the wrong goal of the pilot who is going to take off. Because of this you then chose the wrong action. Anyway, this is yet another silly argument, which is going nowhere. I'm finished with it.

Reply to
C G

Reply to
jim breeyear

Reply to
jim breeyear

:-)

Should work ok, you will end up on a trike undercart going faster and faster :)

Anyway, read what I said 'normal flying conditions' Not sitting on a runway.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Take off is optional ----Landing is guaranteed----

and the old one's are the oldest..............................

Reply to
<notonyour

Wherever you go, there you are!

Reply to