balsa sheeting

What should I put between the seams in my balsa sheeting? Thanks

Reply to
Iflyrc68

glue?

okay, okay...any of the hobby fillers will work. Just make the seams the best you can and you may not have to use much filler

Don

Reply to
Don Hatten

If the sheeting is going on a foam wing, nothing. Instead use Polyurathane glue - Elmers Pro Bond and it will bubble up between the sheets and attach the sheets very well. Or it least it has on the last 4 foam wings I skinned.

On open bay structures, you probably want to use wood glue, NOT CA, or ambroid so the joint can be sanded.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Ah...glue? Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Shouldn't be any 'seams' in a sheeted model . . . see how to do it 'seamlessly' . . .

Look under Tech Tips, Balsa Skins.

Reply to
Fred McClellan