Battery Charging

Hey all,

I have several flight packs and am wondering the best charge rate for them. They are 8-cell, 2000mAh, 4/5-A packs. I've heard that 1C is the best rate, is this so? I'm not encouraged by a one hour charge per pack, as I came from RC cars where I can have a pack charged in about 20 minutes.

Thanks,

Travis

Reply to
T Donily

It depends on the type of cells and whether you're using a "smart" or a "dumb" charger. I'm using a Hitec CG-340 Field Charger and charge both air and car batteries the same.

Reply to
Max

Oops,

I'm not sure the maker of the cells, but they are Ni-MHd and I have a Triton charger with the thermal probe.

Reply to
T Donily

I'm using NiMH for my flight packs. The HiTec charger mentioned above handles both NiMH and NiCd.

Reply to
Max