Blue Foam

I need some of the foam to build some combat planes with. Can you guys tell me where to get it? Thanks, Eddie Fulmer AMA 63713

Reply to
Efulmer

Go to your local insulation supplier - they usually have it or can get it fast.

FredD

Reply to
RedFred1

Have you even tried a google search for insulation and your city (or neaby larger city)?

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Home construction and insulating material shops. Ask for roofmate or floormate. It is extruded polystyrene. honeycolored and blue are just colors. Both types can have different densities so ask and compare before you build. Good luck in combat, and watch your six.

Reply to
Pé Reivers

Visit our club forum for a picture of the action during the Dutch final 1/12 RC-combat.

Yes that's right; most of the action took place off-line. The whole pack was so keen on earning points, that the furball was no larger than about 200' diameter with every now and then a contestant swerving out to poise himself for a new attack. Result: 18 contestants, six pilots per round, three heats, and 19 midairs! I did watch my six, but still lost 2 planes

Reply to
Pé Reivers

I've had good luck with

-- sfsjki

----------------------------------------------------------------------- sfsjkid's Profile:

this thread:

sfsjkid

A couple of guys in one of our local clubs have been making planes out of

1/4" blue foam insulation sheets they've been buying at Lowe's.
Reply to
Ed Paasch

The 1/4" foam is usually referred to as fan-fold Blu-Core and is available in most home supply stores such as Lowes and Home Depot , and mostly used as a backing for siding. What I have seen comes in a pack of 24 2'x 4' sheets for $30 - $35.

Dow makes high a density blue extruded polystyrene sheet in 1/2" , 1" and 2" thickness. You can get commercial refrigeration high density foam in 4" thickness , used mostly in walk in coolers and freezers. The thinner comes in sheets of 2' x 2' , 16" x 4' , 2' x 4' , 16" x 8' and 4' x 8'. There may be more sizes available but this is what I'm familiar with.

Owens Corning products are very much like Dow , maybe the same material , except pink in color. Can also be found at building suppliers. Great stuff to work with for many hobby projects. Ken Day

Reply to
Ken Day