Bridi Kaos 40 & Sun Fli 4

Anyone have experience with these two planes? Any real difference between them? I had a G.P. Kaos 40 which I put tip plates on, a snapshot camera in the wing, and converted from retracts to tail dragger after a crash. It was a great flyer :(dearly departed after the elevator servo failed). Buying a fellow's R/C odds and ends I got a Sun Fli 4 kit, and am thinking of building it before getting another Kaos.

Reply to
Bob

The SunFli 4 was the predecessor to the Original Kaos 60. I think the airfoil is very similar and wing planform is pretty close too tho the tail moment may be slightly shorter. Kaos 60 is one of my favorite planes........

Atwood Don

Some of the later Sun Fli's came out after the first Kaos's didn't they. Not sure, but the Sun Fli 5 looks a lot sleeker than the first Kaos's.

Reply to
Sport_Pilot

I built the Kaos .60 and it is a favorite plane! It has the O.S. .61 FX. The long fuse makes it vary stable in a straight line. Trying the "pattern moves" with it is so much better than short planes. I've noticed nothing that is predictable bad about the plane -- maybe my thumbs, but not the plane!

Reply to
Bill Martin

I had a big and a little Kaos, years ago. I believe the secret lay in: absolutely square and straight building; thick airfoil, relatively long tail moment. Combine those elements in any model and you'll have a good one, regardless of the name.

Reply to
John R. Agnew

I scratched an all built-up version of Super Kaos this season (enlarged to

1000 sq. in. w/ Saito 180 FS). The plane is very smooth - if you like big, sweeping acrobatics you'll love it. The monster thick airfoil of the original (NACA 0019 root ~ NACA 0017 tip) cuts down the top speed, but really lets you hang low and slow on final.

I would expect the Sun Fli to be very similar.

Reply to
Mark D. Fain