UltraLEDs.com - anyone any experience of them

Was planning to buy some LEDs and these people are way cheeper than Maplin...
Has anyone used them? Anyway, I can risk a tenner I think...
3mm white leds - 10 for £4
thought I might have a play with the surface-mount ones too...
Adrian
Add pictures here
βœ–

Nope, but as a data point Farnell have 3&5mm White LEDs at 62p each. Maplins price seems over the top, but they are open on sundays and sometimes have what I want in stock. P&P becomes the dominant item at these sort of prices.
--
Work snipped-for-privacy@lakeview.co.uk.plugh.org | remove magic word .org to reply
Home snipped-for-privacy@ibbotson.co.uk.plugh.org | I own the domain but theres no MX

Maplins
prices.
I agree about Maplins. I'm a regular at the Preston branch, but they had none in stock on Saturday so I have been looking elsewhere...
P&P from UltraLEDs.com is a very reasonable £1
Adrian
Add pictures here
βœ–

not hard. Maplin are expensive but do carry a good inventry - and they are in most big towns etc... so if you can't wait :o)
Add pictures here
βœ–

Sounds like Radio Shack. We have one locally, but I can get electronic components much cheaper in Toronto - it's just a 250km round trip.
--
Martin S.

Add pictures here
βœ–

Radio Shack were known as Tandy in the UK, but I think they all closed-down a few years back. Maplin have a far bigger range of products than Tandy ever had, and are not as expensive, having grown from a mail-order business. I don't know what I'd do without them...
Adrian
Add pictures here
βœ–

closed-down
ever
Tandy used to be the brand name of the Radio Shack products in North America.
Looks as though Radio Shack are getting out of the electronics parts business here in North America and become more of a electronics consumer products retailer. The parts selection at all the local radio shacks has really shrunk to a small area near the back of the stores.
-- Cheers Roger T.
Home of the Great Eastern Railway www.highspeedplus.com/~rogertra
Add pictures here
βœ–

That's really how Tandy used to be here (or at least it was in my local store 10 years or so ago). Part of Tandy's business was in the embrionic home-computer market - my first tentative steps in computing were on my father's Tandy TRS80 Model I...ahh...happy days! I'm now an IT Manager, so I suppose I have something to thank Tandy for...
Adrian
Add pictures here
βœ–
these words:

Radio Shack have opened a shop in Chester (Northgate St) which is a bit nearer the centre of the City than Maplins, but the shop has the same feel as Tandy used to have. Not good enough. It's worth the extra few minutes to walk to Maplins, via the scenic route along the canal towpath...
--
Dave,
Frodsham

βœ–
another reason for not going to maplin is all the staff seem to have *REALLY* bad B.O.... reminds me of warley :o)

Add pictures here
βœ–