Hornby's shares

As i type they've surged almost another 4% breaking through the 12 quid each barrier.

What's the story d'ya think? Something about to be announced?

Pete

Reply to
mutley

This may help:

Gary.

Reply to
Gary Whittle

Have they just released Christmas sales figures or something? Perhaps their "new" Hymek is exciting people!

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

Actually today's breaking news from Hornby is DIGITAL Scalextric with up to

6 cars in each lane and the ability to pull out and overtake at certain places.

There's also an announcement about linking up to a PC and racing against someone else in another part of the world.

This development is not expected to be reflected in Hornby's profits until

2006.

I am sure that prototypical sound, a drivers cab view perhaps, could have been achieved for the railway system at much less cost but if it keeps Hornby thriving, it must be to the good.

Dave W.

Reply to
David Westerman

According to today's BBC2 'Working Lunch' programme, there is a rumour that Hornby will be announcing 2 'new toys' later this month.

Alan

Reply to
Alan P Dawes

Excellent, thanks, I just found this mentioned on Reuters.

I wonder when the stock market are going to notice that Hornby's shares always rise -before- the announcement is made, what with them jumping 40p earlier this week before they surged again this morning.

As happened the last time they made a big announcement.... (it is of course illegal for information that could effect a share price to be leaked before an announcement is made)

Pete

Reply to
mutley

If you go to the usual Hornby home page at

then check out the menu on the left hand side, you will find "Investor Relations" as the last item.

You will need to go to a stock broker to buy their shares. If you use an online broker, you may not get a paper share certificate. Your bank may be able to act as a broker on your behalf. If you don't have a bank account, stock brokers will ask for proof of I.D.

Dave W.

Reply to
David Westerman

Yeah it's public.

and stick the letters HRN in the search box.

Pete

Reply to
mutley