C-130 Plans

Looking for plans for the following: C-130 ws 100 130" B-17 ws 90 110"

Does anyone have a copy of any of the plans

Thank you

Reply to
MeOmY

Try here. Although I haven't searched .....you can do that yourself, you can probably find some plans here for what you want. Some of these guys have some really nice plans and you may find what you want for less than 100.00 each. A friend got a set of plans for a giant P 51 for 85.00. They were beautiful.

Ken Day

Here's two. One you can actually get the model from them, the seocond is a guy you miht be able to get information from. Also on the first one there is a completes (used) model you can buy.

Phillip Windell

I would like to thank all the great input on the C-130 info.

Looks like I can proceed with my plans.

Reply to
MeOmY

There are plans kicking around on eBay and I think that one of them does flog Herkie plans.

HOWEVER......

1) These guys definitely appear to be copyright violators of the first water -- even if they claim that they have "cleaned up" the drawings. No new matter has been added to the drawings, which means that the original copyright is still in place and not theirs. 2) No guarantee that the plans that they used as originals (either for a "clean-up" or simply copied down at the local Kinkos or print shop) are not distorted. Worst case is the ones that are obviously taken from a magazine (errors due to reduction of original to fit the magazine, errors due to printing and scan processing, errors due to enlargement)

Best best and my recommendation is to get an original from the magazine publisher (I think that RCM, Traplet or Nexus have published Herkie plans over the years, and Nexus may also have scale drawings -- also available through Bob Banka Scale Model Research)

If you can't find one in the size you want, I'd go for scaling up a planset that is smaller.

Reply to
bdealhoy

snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Plans may be copywrite material, but if the supposed owners are no longer around or no longer produces them, there's not much other choice. It doesn't bother me to purchase in such a case.

However, if the magazine or source still has them available, it is always better to purchase from them. In some cases, their plans will be cheaper and of better quality than the copiers.

A little research beforehand helps before buying.

Reply to
High Plains Thumper

The copyright persists, and is inherited by the estate.

The guys doing public-domain publishing found out the hard way with the recent changes. I think that the recording industry pushed the last set of changes (all of the King's and the Beatle's music was about to become public domain....)

Copyrights used to be 17 years (just like patents), then longer, then life of author, and now its something like 99-years after death.

The 99 years may be a tad high. Could be life-plus-17 years. Both numbers ring memory circuits.

I rarely buy plans from on-line sellers (eBay auctions) unless I have exhausted all other sources. (Try finding some of the old American Aircraft Modeller plans...) If I can buy directly from the creator, great, then the magazines, then the on-line market.

Reply to
bdealhoy