Camera installation

Has anyone done any research on a good economical autoadvance camera that can be used in a RC plane? Looking for a lightweight camera to mount to my PT-40 for recreational use, something that Wal-Mart, K-Mart, or Target may have? Thanks in advance to those that reply, and have a happy 4th of July to the USA viewers!

Regards,

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Hi, I used an inexpensive Kodak Advantix camera on my Tower Trainer .40. Had some excellent results. I made a bracket that held the camera at an angle of about 17 degrees downward and mounted to the left side of the fuse. Got some excellent pic's and some that were blurry due to engine vibration. Just slow down before taking the pic's. Dan.

Reply to
DANNYSPEED

Some of the small digitals can take video too. I have a Concord 4060 AF that has 4 Megapixels and can take both stills and video (without sound). Bought it last Xmas at Wal-Mart for under $300. It is small enough to strap to the outside of a 40 size model. I haven't done it yet, but I have plans to do so in the future. To make it simple I plan to start the video just prior to takeoff.

Reply to
Marlowe

I did that with a Paragon glider. I measured the space available and went to Target. The motor camera that fit was made by Vivitar and cost $35. That was about four years ago. Got some good pictures, some not-so-good. Even got one of another glider in the air. There is a significant element of luck involved. Doing it with a single-shot camera is a slow process.

Reply to
John R. Agnew

I'm new to this NG, so maybe I shouldn't jump right in, but I picked up a color camera PLA/CCIR NTSC/EIA,

380TVlines, 3LUX min illumination; that has a built in 50mw, 900MHz-1200MHz transmitter. The camera is smaller than a 9volt battery. It came with a tunable receiver that runs on 12vDC. It cost less than $50USD.

The only identification I have is "Camera Kit 203CA" I just Googled on that and they have them for $25USD.

Luck; Ken

Reply to
Ken Maltby

FWIW, those are illegal to operate in the U.S. The parts of the 900-1200mhz band that they actually broadcast on are used for aircraft navigation beacons or somesuch. The one we tested was putting out on 1193mhz, definitely not legal even for a Ham. I doubt the black helicopters would land at your field if you were using one of these but if there were an airport nearby... Also, those "All-In-One" cam/tx Hong Kong units are junk.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

900-1200mhz

For $25 even junk has it's uses, the one I have looks ok, pretty good in fact for the resolution. There certainly are parts of the 900-1200 band that get a lot of consumer use in the USA. Even cordless phones. I have to admit that I haven't checked the RF characteristics, don't think I even have anything that works in that range, right now. ( not even an Oscope) I hope the airfield about a mile downhill from me won't get knocked off the air by my 50mw signal.

Luck; Ken

Reply to
Ken Maltby