Chargers: Great Planes Triton vs Graupner Duo Plus 30 (or Ultramat 25)

I am comparing two chargers. One is Great Planes Triton

The other is Graupner's Duo Plus 30
the Ultramat 25
prices
Anyone feel up to comparing these two?

Reply to
R. David Steele

| I am comparing two chargers. One is Great Planes Triton |

| | The other is Graupner's Duo Plus 30 |
| and the Ultramat 25 |
| US prices |
| | Anyone feel up to comparing these two?

Well, it looks like the Duo Plus 30 can charge at up 7A compared to the Triton's

5A. It can charge two batteries at once ... very nice. Oh, the second charge port is much more limited -- really only good for transmitter and receiver packs. Oh well.

Other than that it looks very similar to the Triton.

The Ultramat 25 ... looks even more comparable to the Triton, except that it won't do Li-poly cells at all.

US Prices -- Triton - $130 Duo Plus 30 - $230 (at hobby-lobby.com) Ultramat 25 - $150 (at hobby-lobby.com)

Personally, I think it looks like the Triton wins overall. Of course, I've never used the other two chargers. The Duo Plus 30 has a few more features, but costs almost twice as much.

The Triton really is a nice charger. There's a few minor things I don't really like about it, but they're minor. (Of course, to be fair, mine is currently `in the shop' :)

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Cant compare the two but I sure do love my Triton. Still learning what it can do but I have cycled all my nicads and charged up my one Li-Poly pack so far. Very happy with it.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople