combat plane homebuilt SSC

Hey guys take a look at the plane that I am making for our club members. It came out to 2.54 lbs dry!! (has to weigh at least 2.5lbs) Flys great and will not tip stall. I fly it with the os 15 la. There will be 20 of these "kits" built for fun and practice, and of course combat. I found them very easy to cut and build. I have a friend that helps me do the wings but the fuse is a one man job. The test flight on the prototype went great. I let several guys at the field fly it and all wanted one. Plans are available on the texascombat.com web page. See the one we are building at

Give me a holler for more info. Eddie Fulmer

Reply to
Efulmer

I looked at the NTR/CCombat website, but cannot find the plans... More info, plz?

Reply to
Checkursix

Go to this website and look at the construction articles on the P-51

Good luck and if I can be of any help shoot me an e-mail. Eddie Fulmer

Reply to
Efulmer

How stable will that be in Yaw with a streamer (or two) on the wingtip? I think once you make a cut, you will struggle for life with all of the pack on your six flashing their teeth.

Reply to
Pé Reivers

What an EXCELLENT website for SSC Construction!! I will save THAT link!! Thanks Eddie!

Reply to
Checkursix

Pe' I think it will be as stable as any other plane will that is designed for combat. Every one that hangs on your wing will slow you down without a doubt. You just have to make sure that you get them close to the root! Then all you have to worry about is drag. LOL Eddie Fulmer

Reply to
Efulmer

Ed,

Better still, get a streamer on both tips!

FYI, We don't fly ssc in the Netherlands, and these large spans are out of the question for us.

Reply to
Pé Reivers