Cris' Micro-Flyers

Hello,

I have enough flight training to say I have no flight training. I am at heart a builder. I have a Tower Trainer 40 MkII, ARF & a Sig 4 Star 40, kit, yet un-flown.

It is still winter here. I would like to get Some experience in. I saw Cris, I cannot spell his last name, video at Model Airplane News on Micro Flyers.

Would getting experience with one of those do me any good before going up to a four channel, .40 engine trainer ? I feel like it might. I would like to get some second opinions, please.

Later on I would like to get into large scale bi-planes. I think right before the beginning of WWII.

Thank You for any advice you would be willing to offer,

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 00:43:07 -0500, "Wayne" wrote in :

Spend your money on a simulator first.

Then tackle one of the easier micro flyers.

The simulator will save you a LOT of heartache.

You may be able to get someone from the area to help you get started with the simulator. One hour of talking in front of a simulator will let you practice for days on end.

FWIW, it's Chris Chianelli:

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

I Guess you're right Marty. :-)

Those Flyers are more than I have between the cushions on my sofa. I should save some.

I was hoping to get real flight time verses sim. time. I have a simulator. I just have not done well with it. I felt more at ease real life, little time I have.

Your suggestion I get someone to look over my shoulder, as it were, never crossed my mind. It makes sense. I will try.

Thank You So Much.

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:21:22 -0500, "Wayne" wrote in :

"Even a blind pig finds the occasional acorn."

They can be as hard to fly as the simulator.

You don't have a lot of time indoors to do the right thing.

Understood. In some respects, real airplanes are easier to fly than the trainer. You see SO much more in real life than on the sim.

But the stick movements are pretty much the same.

Our local hobby shop (Field's) has a simulator set up inside. Maybe you can find a shop with a similar arrangement and ask for some lessons.

Happy landings!

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

You advice is Very Much Appreciated. I will try to find a shop with a simulator.

You are a Good Hearted Soul Marty,

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 00:16:11 -0500, "Wayne" wrote in :

Let us know how it works out.

Thanks for the kind words, Wayne.

Marty

Reply to