Edge 540T ARF

Who in your alls opinion makes the best EDGE 540T ~30% scale for the price??? Thanks ahead of time...

Reply to
Newbee

Newbee.....this is the one I'd get. I know nothing about it, but I would get one. I really love their Yak 54 too!

good luck

Brad

Reply to
Brad Lorance

Awesome... Looks nice... Appreciate the input... Better start saving hey?

Reply to
Newbee

I think you'll find a better deal at

on their new 28% Edge 540T. Check it out!

John

Newbee wrote:

Reply to
John Morley

Again another very nice plane!!! and the price wow... Question though, is there any advantage of making the jump to gas engines versus glow other than the obvious cost of fuel?

Reply to
Newbee

Awesome torque for great 3D, easy cleanup, great realistic sound, set it and forget it carb adjustments.

Reply to
Ed Forsythe

Glow engines can be that way too. My OS 46FX went 4 years without needing a needle adjustment.

I like Gas because it's very real sounding on climbs and dives, I mean you can really hear the engine and prop work like the real thing. The propellers also look more scale like since they're not dinky in comparison. For example, my 1/4 scale CAP's propeller goes well beyond the cowl, where my 40 size CAP's propeller only protrudes an inch or so beyond, not very realistic.

As to ease of cleanup, it depends. I used Penzoil for my oil and it leaves little black specs on the underside of the belly. 409 only smears it, I have to use other cleaners to touch it up, though it does leave much less residue in comparison.

For what it's worth, I run a ZDZ 40RV in my CAP and it's by far my favorite engine. No fancy starting equipment is needed either, fuel is of course cheap and available locally, big plus.

Reply to
Matthew P. Cummings