Electric Pusher Jet | Full kit details

Pls throw in your suggestions / comments.

Plane : Su-27 XXL Shock flyer from Ikarus.

Tx : Spektrum 2.4 GHz DSM 6 Rx : AR6000 Receiver Servo : S75 from Spektrum

Motor : ??? Need suggestion.... a decent combination of efficient battery usage, speed and durablity)

Propeller: Need suggestion.....A decent propeller to push a 16-20 oz depron and will fit the motor.

ESC : Need suggestion.....Need one with BEC

Battery : Need suggestion.....I'm thinking....Kokam 3 Cell 11.1V,

2000 mAh Cellpro LiPoly

Questions:

  1. Does the Tx, Rx, Servo combo looks ok?
  2. Can you suggest a good Motor / Prop / Esc (with BEC) / Battery combo?
  3. Do I miss anything else?
Reply to
jayanthigk2004

I don't know about any one else, but I didn't answer because I thought that just saying "lots of glue" would lack a certain level of sensitivity. But since you felt you had to commit the newsgroup solecism of asking twice:

Lots of glue.

When there's too much glue on the powered brick for it to fly get a trainer or other airplane that gets into trouble slower -- once you can do things by reflex and/or anticipation then you can fly something that's just a hair slower than your reflexes and/or ability to anticipate. When you're first starting out you need a plane that flys at least a bit slower than your ability to think -- and everyone thinks much slower than their reflexes.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

I understand this radio does not have exponential on the rudder. This means nothing to you as a beginner but later on it might. mk

Reply to
MK

Could you explain what does "exponential" means?

MK wrote:

Reply to
jayanthigk2004

Reply to
High Plains Thumper

Motor and prop included. I'd stick with this since you really seem to be a newbie if you have to ask that sort of question.

The bottom of the page lists the remaining items that you'll need.

If you ARE a newbie, then this is NOT the plane to start with. Get a trainer type.

Worst case of newbie-wannabe that I can recall was someone who showed up with a Top Flite P-51 with all the bells and whistles. Totally scale appearance. Weight was about five pounds more than the maximum, wings were warped, electrics were isntalled wrong and no cushioning.

Reply to
byrocat

Thanks byrocat, I'm a newbie to the jargons used in the RC world and also I have not built a plane so far.

But I flew a trainer (just yesterday) and I did great. Hand launched, performed circles and loops. A good stranger at the flying field offered to lend his trainer for few minutes after he saw me ogling at his trainer and transmitter :)

byrocat wrote:

Reply to
jayanthigk2004

I wondered what this meant, too, since "exponential" has a pretty well-determined meaning in the physical sciences and mathematics, and this seemed to have nothing to do with it.

Let x = stick position as a function of full scale Let y = servo position as a function of full scale

Then a typical radio lets you build the following function:

y = K A (x)^p + u (x > 0) y = -K B |x|^p + u (x < 0)

"K" is +1 when the control is "normal" and -1 when it's 'reversed'

"u" is referred to as "offset", and ranges from 0% to something like

100% or 150%.

A and B are positive and are called "travel adjustment"; they typically are limited to the range 0 to 1.5, but indicated on the transmitter with

0% to 150%.

"p" is the exponent and is controlled by a setting called "exponential" which runs from 0 to 100% (which I'll call 0 to 1). I believe that p = 1 + setting (i.e., with exponential zero, the output varies linearly with the inputl with 100% exponential, the setting is 1.0, and the output varies quadratically with the input. Note that with A = B = 1 and u = 0, changing the exponential doesn't change y for x = -1, 0, or 1, but DOES alter its value at points x with 0 < |x| < 1.

Most people probably prefer to see a little less math than this. As a math/computer-science guy, I REALLY wish someone had explained this to me with a simple equation like the one above... So...now I've done it.

--John

Reply to
John F. Hughes