Fantastic glue

I bought 20 grams of Pascofix glue along a bottle of Pasco-fill at the Toledo show from a German lady. They said it would bond almost
anything to anything, glass to metal, rubber to glass, etc, etc.
I've used the combination glue and fill to make a beam mount to replace the radial mount for an electric motor out of 5 ply and it could not be broken by hand. Then when I drilled a hole off center, again I used the combination to fill the hole. Within a few seconds, I can sand and drill another hole, no worry about the drill bit wondering off. Curious, I tried it several times. It worked every time.
I compared this glue to the familiar CA we've come to love. I glued aluminum to aluminum. The Pascofix held within a minute, no need for a 2nd spray. The CA had to be sprayed with accelerator, but after a half hour it came apart with a slight twist. (Maybe I got bad CA?)
The beam motor mount alone more than paid back the price of the glue and fill of $37. I had the same mount custom made out of tempered aluminum, and it cost $50.
Here is their web site, but since I could not find prices, I may have to order much more than I could afford;
http://www.pascofix.nwy.at/company.htm
My question is; Does anyone know where it could be found locally?
Wan
The price list can be seen by using the link at the top of the order form :)
Will
http://www.willstech.com http://snurl.com/2mn - Our eBay Stuff

Weight? Application for wood? Price? $37 for 20 grams? Jeez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for
No. CA is not normally made for bonding smooth metal to smooth metal. That's what epoxy and welding torches are for.
Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Dr1Driver) wrote in message

Jeez?! The wood mount is a darn sight lighter than the aluminum beam mount machined for me! It bonded wood very well.
Besides, it costs a lot less for the glue on the 5 ply wood mount than the machined one. As I said, Dr 1, the glue more than paid for itself in one application.

for a 2nd spray. The CA had to be sprayed with accelerator, but after a half hour it came apart with a slight twist. (Maybe I got bad CA?)

I am aware of epoxy, but would like to make a comparison some time. What would a welding torch and paraphernalia for welding cost?
And don't forget how quick and easy it is to use. By the time one mixes epoxy or get torches out, the job is done.
Am I overly enthused?
Wan

You're comparing the cost of glue to the cost of a machined mount. Try comparing the cost of glue to glue Your "super" glue to CA. I still say, $37 for 20 grams? JEEZ!!! I can buy 2 oz. of CA for less than $10. It won't bond metal, but that's why I buy epoxy. "The right tool for the job." I buy things that work for my applications without extensive modification.
>What would a welding torch and paraphernalia for welding cost?
It don't matter how cheap it is if it don't work. It don't matter how expensive it is if you need it.
I'm not trying to re-invent the wheel as you continually do, either. I seem to remember a set of self-designed, scratch-built plans for a plane you got from me. Before you even saw the stock plane fly, or built one, you asked me several questions about modifications to it. BTW, this was a design that has been over 5 years in development before this final version. I'll guarantee that your re-engineered plane never flew as good as the original. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Edison you ain't.
Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"
Dr1Driver Edison he may not be, but you sure seem like an ASS HOLE! You seem to be one of those perfect guys that know everything. A man asked a simple question and you try to make an fool out of him. Get a life and get off this group, we sure don't need any more people that have all the wrong answers or just try to make a fool out of other people trying to learn something.

$37
bond
things
seem to

from
has
guarantee
ain't
My, someone has a very thin skin!!!
DR may not be the most tactful person on this group and he is wrong from time to time but there are others who are much more abrasive and/or stubborn. If you don't like his posts, PLONK them and be done.
Jim W

say,
won't
it
Well said!!!!!!!!

than
Try
buy
got
me
that

> >$10. It won't bond metal, but that's why I buy epoxy. "The right tool >> > >for the job." I buy things that work for my applications without extensive modification.> > > > What would a welding torch and paraphernalia for welding cost?

for a plane you got from me. Before you even saw the stock plane fly, or built one, you asked me several questions about modifications to it. BTW, this was a design that has been over 5 years in development before this final version. I'll guarantee that your re-engineered plane never flew as good as the original. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Dr 1, I appreciated the plans for the Piranha II you sent. Fact is the mods made it easier to build. Even though it was developed over five years, there's always room for improvement, don't you think? The "re-engineered" plane flew very well, thank you.
I gathered by development, you did a lot of modifications before the final version? Isn't what this hobby is about, experimentation to make better models fly better?
As for the German glue, I looked ou their order form and 20 grams of the glue alone costs $23.70 US. It seems the price I paid ($37) for glue and filler was the Toledo show price, cheaper.
The German lady said for $5 more I could have twice as much of glue and filler. I actually bought the glue for experimentation. As it turned out I found applications for it, therefore the motor mount and the off centered holes.
I strongly believe there must be opportunities for people like me to try new things and experiment. That's what makes this hobby interesting. Don't you think that without the nerve to experiment within bounds of safety, we would not have this enjoyable hobby?
Sorry to be long winded, Wan AMA 773188

Possibly, but not by someone who'd never seen the original fly, and had no clue as to what modifications had already been done and tried over the years.

But not as good as the original, I'll lay money on it. How long and what have you been flying, anyway? Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Dr1Driver) wrote in message

Dr1, I don't want to irritate you with a long response. You have been very kind. My guess is, you were irked by somone modifying one of your plans.
I have been designing and flying airplanes for a long time. More than I could count. Almost every one of them flew right off the board, so to speak. Thank you. Now, let's not argue and go fly.
Wan
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Dr1Driver) wrote in message

This is argumentative. John