FAQ?

Before I start asking questions, I would like to know if a faq exists for this group. Thanks.

Mad Scientist

Reply to
mad scientist

Nothing official that I know of.

You notice, of course, that you've already started asking questions. ;o)

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Go to RCU and Torque Roll and join. It's FREE. You'll find load and loads of information from knowledgable people.

A few in this group post too much silly BS,politics,Iraq and crap that has nothing to do with R/C.

Save yourself from the aggravation from a few idiots that keep sending this group down the drain.

Reply to
TX_QBALL

Actually, this groups IS an FAQ, since many questions are asked again and again. However, this is good since we're always getting new members. This groups is open and UNMODERATED, meaning that just about anything can, and often is, posted. There is a lot of knowledge and experience in this group. My suggestion is to stay, read, and ask. If you see a thread that looks uninteresting or off-topic, simply don't read it. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

A postscript to my first reply: if you're looking for "newbie stuff" in general, you should survey Alan Tong's site:

He has a list of RC FAQs not related to how this newsgroup functions or doesn't function. Lots of good information on how to get started in the hobby.

To get a historic view and/or to search for questions that may already have been frequently answered, use google:

Hope this helps.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Yes, I realize that. But would you rather I asked that, or "Would a 33% plane make a good starter plane?" Anyway, I appreciate everyone's help.

mad scientist

Reply to
mad scientist

shure why not, if a 4 year old can fly one at the NATS, why not.

Reply to
Robert Williams

A 33% Curtis Robin would make an EXCELLENT starter plane!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Mad Scientist, If you are totally new to the Model Aviation hobby and looking for some basic information, you might want to visit the Academy's Sport Aviator website which is oriented for the new pilot.

If you already have some questions go ahead and ask.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

"Robert Williams" wrote in news:wAadd.85048 $ snipped-for-privacy@bignews1.bellsouth.net:

What's worse, is trying to explain to your wife why he beat you. 8 year old Chip Hyde did that a number of years ago in Pattern, believe it was

2nd place.

- HPT

Reply to
High Plains Thumper