Found airplane

I was out geocaching and came across a crashed airplane. It's nothing fancy I don't think. (Compared to some I see on here) It has over a 6' wingspan and the nose is busted off but still attached with wires. I don't know a thing about this hobby and was wondering if there is a web site or board where people might post that they have lost their plane? I'd like to get this back to the owner. I'm in the Phoenix, AZ area if that helps. Thanks.

Al

Reply to
Al

A couple of good places to try are

and

You should post pictures, but if there is a unique mark somewhere, don't post that..let the owner tell you as proof it's his.

I hope you collected ALL the bits. Some smaller parts are quite valuable!

I would hope you would be offered a reward - I would for sure.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reply to
MJKolodziej

"Al" > wrote

If you want to do a little footwork, find some local hobby supplies stores, and find a little about where some flying fields that are within, say, 2 miles to 15 miles of where you found the airplane.

You could also contact the AMA, and get a list of the chapters in a 45 mile radius, and see if they have a website, where you could send the president or webmaster an E-mail, and see if one of their members have lost a plane.

It could have come from a non AMA member, but the chances are better than even that he or she belonged to a club, somewhere.

Reply to
Morgans

"Morgans" > wrote

Oh, and I wanted to say thanks for doing the right thing. It will be appreciated, if you find the owner.

You could also ask for a little stick time, flying an airplane from a buddy box. (auxiliary control box)

You will have a blast, but it will also be the most expensive 10 minutes you have ever spent! Hint: This stuff is addicting!

Reply to
Morgans

Any guesses on what plane Al has found? "wires" could be throttle pushrod but I say it's some sort of Asrto Elec. Sail plane because of the WS. mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

... but there's dozens, if not hundreds, of planes with similar wingspans.

Without more details, there's no way to tell. You can't even tell if it has a motor from the description. (`wires' could be to the RX pack, to a motor, the throttle linkage to an engine, etc.)

Sounds like it's a glider of some sort, though. 2m wingspans are quite common in gliders, and they're often flown really high and then lost (it's easy to lose a speck in the sky!) with no way of ever finding them.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

I see from RCgroups that the OP under instruction lifted the 'cover thing' and found a name and address of the owner..who its now back with..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 20:04:31 +0100, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and The Natural Philosopher instead replied:

What a pleasant surprise for the owner.

I hate a happy ending without gun toting detectives, screaming sirens and rescued fair maidens. What's this world coming to?

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Its like the time I found a wallet - cards and all - lying on the ground and handed it in..the bloke who lost it was so surprised he sent me the cash contents as a thank you.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I lost a Goldberg Electra a few years ago due to a lost battery connection. It was still climbing when I lost sight of it. I suppose it could have come down in Phoenix due to easterly winds from here in So Cal but what are the odds? It was a godawful combination of colors, incl. purple and neon green. Personally, I think it landed someplace up in Big Tujunga Canyon.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Contact Vision Hobbies in Phoenix. They may be some help. Their website is

Should be a phone number there.

Reply to
Jim

A clear example of why one should read what's already been posted ;-)

/daytripper

Reply to
daytripper

Some stuff doesn't show up on every server as fast as others. I check this from home work and google, all different. mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

EXACTLY! I guess I will just refrain from trying to be helpful in the future.

Reply to
Jim