Futaba 7cap and throttle cut switch

I have a new Futaba 7 cap and currently have the dual rates switches set: all switches up for low rates, A - AIL, D - ELV, B - RUD. Any suggestions for which switch to use for the 'throttle cut"?

Thanks in advance, Chris in NC

Reply to
notruthless

ahahahahahahaha!

Reminds me of a slight bit of misprogramming I did on an 8UAF which swapped the throttle cut switch with the snap-roll switch on my Fun-Fly.

You can imagine what happened on final....

/daytripper (yeah - I saved the plane, but it was a fricken' miracle...)

Reply to
daytripper

"daytripper"> wrote

You OWE ME a new keyboard.

Too fricken' funny! That must have been some frantic stick stir'n ! ! !

Reply to
Morgans

I had just enough time to yell "Oh NO!" and jamb the sticks to the corners. It was pure dumb luck those corners were the ones that saved the balsa...

/daytripper

Reply to
daytripper

"daytripper" > wrote

I would like to think that there was a little instinct involved, to be able to choose the right corner out of four choices!

At least, that is what _you_ should say!

Reply to
Morgans

Most flyers at our club disable the snap-roll switch's function and use that for throttle-cut because of the spring return. (We all know how to snap-roll with the sticks anyway).

Reply to
Harry Kolomyjec

Chris,

On Page 47 of your manual..Deactivate the 'Trainer' (spring loaded switch) and use it as your 'snap roll' function. At the end of the 'roll', just release the switch.

Use switch 'E' for your 'Engine' cut-off. When you turn on your transmitter, it will 'beep' if the engine is in cut-off position. You cannot start the engine in the cut-off position. This is a good signal to let you know when to try or not try starting your engine.

Futaba CAP7 is an excellent radio set!

Visit my website at http://rcobsessi> I have a new Futaba 7 cap and currently have the dual rates switches

Reply to
Earl Scherzinger