GWS Geardrive shaft not true. Common?

I have a new GWS geardrive and the prop shaft has considerable runout, enough to cause a vibration worthy of concern. Are these drives noted for poor workmanship or am I just unfortunate to have purchased an anomaly? Probably paying the "expected" price for beeing a cheapskate? ;-)

Guess I should also ask...Is there a known quick-fix before I RMA the drive?

Thanks, Terry

Reply to
Terry

BB or non-BB? All the ones I have or have had were OK but they were all dual bearinged.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Appreciate the reply. It's a 400C w/o BB.

Btw, does GWS have any single motored speed400 boxes w/bearings?

Thank, Terry

Reply to
Terry

Big time! I currently am flying a Slow Stick with a speed 300 can motor. Dual BB gear

6.6:1 ratio. Came standard with the Slow Stick. Also have a differently geared speed 400 setup and one that I believe has a 350 motor. I have also used one of the speed 400 gearboxes with a brushless motor. One excellent source of these:
also sell individual parts such as prop shafts, housings gears, etc. Also check Tower Hobbies. There is a guy that has an Ebay Store that carries lots of the GWS parts.
Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople