Hi irvine .40cc starts but wont stay going??

novice, hi i just got and irvine .40 and cant seem to keep it running or even get it started without pressurizing the fuel tank by blowing down the vent pipe and as soon as i stop blowing that engine will die even if the glow heater is still attached. i'm at a lost as to why it wont start under normal atmospheric pressure oh and the fuel is nitro alchol mix thanks John

Reply to
John Smith

Is sounds like it's too lean. You say you're a novice so I'll assume you've

*no* previous experience of running model engines. Forgive me if I'm wrong!

Don't assume that the needle valve is set correctly just because it was "like that when I bought it" or the instructions say to open it x number of turns. If you need to blow down the vent then it's set too lean so open the needle valve.

Alternative thought - is the tank at the correct height? If the tank is too low you'll get the same effect you're describing. If you can find an experienced helper then they'll probably spot the problem immediately. I hope you're going to get help learning to fly. It can be done alone, but usually costs you a lot more in written-off planes. :-(

Reply to
John Privett

Reply to
jeboba