International Frequencies

I am trying to find out if if it is safe/legal? to use my UK 35Mhz equipment in the Philippines. The only info I have received so far is 'use anything that nobody else is using', probably true but not very safe. The only club with a web site is the Manila Aeromodelers Club, but their email address is faulty. Can anyone help?

Colin

Reply to
©olin

Not really an answer to your question, but this mat be useful for other people:

"©olin" skrev i melding news:cs5a09$9vq$ snipped-for-privacy@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...

Reply to
Terje Martinsen

"©olin" skrev i meddelandet news:cs5a09$9vq$ snipped-for-privacy@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...

You can use 35, 42, 72 MHz If we talking about RC and not some thing else with power more than 2 watt

Best Regards Peter

Reply to
Spookgud

Thanks Peter, this is the first time I have seen a direct reference to 35Mhz and it is for RC Model Aircraft. I can now go ahead and buy the minature receiver I have been considering.

Colin

Reply to
©olin

Hi Colin, You might find a similar scenario like me in Malaysia. In those areas of the world they fly everything (35, 40, 72) There are no (known) regulations and no insurances. If you hit a car than you have to negociate with the owner. If you hit a human being: better try to avoid that.

We try to keep as far away from crowds/houses as possible. If the spectator crowd gets too big we (at leat I do) move on.

HTH

Jens

Reply to
JS

Thanks for the confirmation. Malaysia sounds very much like the Philippines. If you hit anything with anything, you either negociate or pay the hospital bill.

Colin

Reply to
©olin

Yup, straightforward :-)