JR 6102 FM Air reliablity and comments?

After deciding to get back into the hobby after a long time, I'm looking at buying either a JR 6 channel with expo for a trainer and eventually a better follow-on plane, or, a basic 4 channel JR for just the trainer. I'd rather buy the 6 channel, but would like to get any comments, especially on any glitch problems like the two reports of it on rcuniverse.com. Sure would like to know technically what was wrong in those two cases!

Any comments at all would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Most of the guys at my club fly either JR or HiTec. Other than a poorly maintained(and I mean really poorly maintained) older JR glitching, none of the JRs at our field have given anyone a problem over the last 2 years. The Helo only hobby shop in town only carries JR and swears by them.

2 glitch problems in how many posts? Glitching complaints can be as simple as the frequency chosen for a given area rather than the radio. Some research may be needed to determine this. I personally fly HiTec for now but am seriously considering switching to JR eventually. The radios seem to be of a bit higher quality and the their programming is more in line with what I fly (Ultra Stik).

Jim W

Reply to
Black Cloud

No problems with the PCM version and digital servos.

Hugh

Reply to
Hugh Prescott

I ould strongly suggest laying out a little extra for the 6 chanel set - it is not a lot extra and if you decise to do a few other things later on such as put retracts on a plane,or want to play with flaps or ??? you will need those extra channels. Also, even though you may not need it straightaway, having a set which remembers your models is a great idea - saves so much hassling around if you decise that you want to (say) play with a small electric as well as fly your trainer.

So, 6 or more channels and say memory for 5 to 10 models is in my (beginner who made the mistake of buying a simple 4 channel radio first and now have it sitting in a cupboard wasting away) view the way to go.

David - who loves his JR 3810

Chris wrote:

Reply to
quietguy

I've never had a problem with my JR X347 radio, or my newer JR 8103 radio. I've been looking at the new JR 9303 radio. I've used a mix of FM as well as PCM receivers from JR, GWS, and FMA.

I'm sure the JR 6102 is worry free.

Reply to
Robert A. Plourde Jr.

Hey Chris, I fly at a club where just about every radio is represented and everyone stands by thier brand. So, I really think they are all pretty good. I personnally fly Futaba, but more by how I started than by making a decision to use 1 brand. I started with a 4 channel. Skip it and go straight to the 6. Preferably computer. I have a Futaba 7C and love it. I looked close at the JR 6102. Looks like a great radio. Possibly best 6 channel on the market. I would suggest going to the local club and looking/asking and make sure the instructors can buddy box ya. Good luck.

Reply to
spanky.jeffmartin

Thanks to all for the insight. I am now pretty convinced that the two separate XP6102 problems posted recently on

were isolated events, and ordered one yesterday. I might not have even considered JR had it not been for the fact that the person who is training me has one, but I think I will be happy with it. Regards, Chris

Reply to
Chris