JSF Super Cutlass questions

hi:

i have a friend who asked me for help adding a camera and telemetry to a JSF Super Cutlass. here's the specs he gave me.

plane: JSF Super Cutlass

- 30" Length - 23" Motor: .45 Gas Engine Prop: Gunther push-on prop (HLFK5555 4.9x4.3 Wingo Prop & Spinner) Speed Control: Kontronik Rondo 400

2 Servos: Graupner C261 Wing loading tested - 5 to 7.5 oz per sq. ft. RTF weight tested - 10 to 15 oz.

he's still buiding this thing. i can't get a hold of him 'cause he's on vacation, but i wan't to think about this while he's gone.

if anyone has flown one of these, maybe you can tell me a few things.

does wing loading (say 7 oz per sq ft) on a 2 sq ft wing mean that the fuse plus payload can be 14 oz?

if not, approx how much extra weight will this thing carry?

what does RTF weight tested - 10 to 15 oz. mean?

what kind of altitude are we dealing with for max payload?

thanks in advance, mike

Reply to
Active8

The engine and prop combination doesn't add up at all. That's a prop for a small electric motor, no way can you use it with the proposed .45 gas (or glow??) engine.

Reply to
David Smith
[snip]

thanks.

huh. wonder where he got that idea. the designer hasn't tested with a gas(glow?) engine either. don't know/remember the diff, myself.

the builder thinks the thing might go 4500 ft high barring local FAA restrictions.

mike

Reply to
Active8