RE: flywheel balance

Several months ago, there was a thread on balancing the flywheel after turning the fins down to the hub face. Someone asked about the
balance of the original flywheel before modification. I finally remembered to dig out the spare and check its balance as I said I would.
Verdict: The orginal is as out-of-balance as the modified unit was ! Interesting fact is the heavy side of the original is the magnet, which precludes drilling to balance as I did the modified unit.
David
Best answer to your query is found under "Giant Scale" at http://www.fly-giantrc.org/technical/propbalance.html which explains why in many instances you do not "balance" the flywheel - it is deliberately out of balance to offset other forces. regards Alan T. Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~atong / ..............................................................