RE: cleaning with antifreeze

I took some before and after pictures to show the capability of antifreeze to clean the burned-on oil from our model engines. I used a regular toothbrush to brush off the gunk - where more force was needed, a fingernail worked quite well.

So next time someone asks, just point to this page.

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

Wow, looks awesome, I'm thinking of trying that soon, but was worried that it would remove the whatever it is finish on engine, now i see it doesnt , very nice make sure ya take pics of engines themselves k,

Reply to
Tony Law

How does this process effect the seals in the engine?

Reply to
Dvagge

Dvagge,

It has no effect to engine seals.

Regards,

Reply to
Herb Winston

Think about where anti-freeze is designed to be used. In a car, with seals and gaskets. It is designed to keep the cooling system clean.

There is one exception. It DOES attack the material in a YS engine and should not be used on them. The material YS uses is different. I have never tested this, but, it has been confirmed by Performance Specialties. Their main concern is actually the material in the regulator.

I have used it on many other types of engines with no ill effects, save one. Do not use the high setting on the crockpot as it will change the color of the aluminum to a dull dark grey over an extended period of time. Use the low setting.

JR

Reply to
JR