Looking for a used speed 600 with prop & gearbox

Conventional, not brushless. I checked out ebay, thought there would be lots of electric stuff for sale, but there was not much as far as motors. Thanks.

Reply to
Jim Caldwell

Don't mess with ebay for used 600. Not worth it.

New ones less than $10. Also, get an MPjet gearbox for it. see

Most people use something like 2.8:1 and an 11x6 on 10 cells.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Buying a used speed 600 isn't worth it. They are dirt cheap new. You can get a speed 600 with a gearbox for around $40. Buying a used one is not going to perform as well as a new one if the brushes are worn out.

Reply to
Normen Strobel

Yea. You can get new 600 motors for under $10 if you look around. And, I have seen gearboxes for less than $25. Used can motors are like used food.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Oh I dunno. I re-bearinged a second hand 480 can with the bits from a brand new lightspeed 400 :)

A 480 being marginally more useful than a 4 quid motor with teh wrond windings.

If anybody wanst the shaft and armnature and magnets from a brand new lightpseed 400, they will are free, but postage will be £25 a la e-bay :)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'm looking for the same setup. I went to aircraft-world.com. I found the gearbox but not the motor. Can you help?

Bill L

Reply to
Bill Lederer

Lord. Just about any car motor will fit. Speed 600's are available everywhere. Whats wrong with e.g. hobby lobby (USA) or RipMax (UK) See

no 1793 is what you want.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Try a Kyosho Endoplasma

Kyosho Magnetic Mayhem
Use MotoCalc to figure out prop and gear box ratio for you application.

Reply to
Mike Drennen

Both excellent motors, but not as cheap as can sp600.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher