Lying to my wife

MY wife is a chemical engineer. It looks like a highly developed piece of advanced electronic equipment to her. Since she has done research on prices at Tower, she knows full well what one costs.

Interesting. MY wife picked up my last 9 Futaba servos. She also knows what servos do, how they work, and what they cost from Tower.

I know what my wife's clothes and shoes cost. I don't begrudge her a dime of it. She's worth it.

I'm sorry YOUR wife isn't.

Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

I don't, but a pal of mine could lie his teeth out (and needed to:-)

He once bought a Hirobo Alouette which (at the time in the early 80's) cost

1,350 GBP. He told his missus it cost him 20 GBP and she STILL shit the bed. She objected to him spending ANY money on his hobbies though.

You've got a way to go, but wouldn't it be better if you told her what it REALLY cost and then justified it by saying it's better to spend the money on a new radio than pissing it up a wall after blowing it on booze or fooling around?

Reply to
Beav

And when you've done all the calculations and record keeping, just spend some money as therapy:)

Make heli's your No 1 priority.

Make heli's your No 2 priority just behind "Heli's"

Repeat until you've got more heli's than you'll ever fly.

Then spend even more money on shiny things

It's called "having fun" and you don't need to budget for that.

Reply to
Beav

That's something like my system Paul. Whatever I giver her is hers (and that covers all the household needs and whatever she wants she gets. If *I* want anything, she usually beats me to it and gets it for me. Sometimes even before I know I want it myself :-)))

I can't iagine trying to kid her about heli prices. She's no duck egg when it comes to setting the things up, so I'd be wasting my time telling her a bogus price.

Reply to
Beav

I just start browsing the website for Rotorway.com and start dropping hints about getting an Executive 162F. "Four easy payments of $14K each" plus the fear that I'll kill myself in a full scale kit-chopper are enough to get her to beg me to buy another model!

Leif

Reply to
Leif Thomson

I'm With Dr1 and Eddie, I've Been married to the same woman for 34 years never had to lie or beat around the bush on anything. Course I always figured if I wasn't willing to work for what I wanted, or had to lie, or cheat to get it I didn't deserve it. Heck most everytime I ask for a five I get a twenty.

Think I'll stay at my house looks like I really do have it all.

Yeah; I'm gonna keep her tom b

Reply to
tomb046

Hey, we're having some innocent fun here, you know, HUMOR. You are obviously WAAY too uptight to see that. Also, sir, please don't cast dispersions on my relationaship with my wife, don't go there, that's rude.

Reply to
Frank

Actually, sir, going back and rereading this post, I realize your comment about my wife was worse than I thought. Something about her worth...or lack of it. Sir, GO FUCK YOURSELF. Using this language is extremely rare for me, but you so sorely deserve it.

Reply to
Frank

Ouch

-- furyflyer

----------------------------------------------------------------------- furyflyer2's Profile:

this thread:

furyflyer2

Hi Frank, Dr1's wife here. His comment wasn't about your wife. It's about you.

The lucky Mrs. Dr1

Reply to
Dr1Driver

I didn't, YOU did.

YOU said she didn't know much about the real cost of your hobby, or what the equipment was.

YOU said you disrespect her by lying to her about same.

YOU intimated she goes overboard on buying her shoes.

I simply agreed with you. Sounds like a wonderful relationship. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

YOU said she's not worth telling the truth to, not I. Personally, I only lie to people I don't care about.

Now who's being "rude"? Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Reply to
jim breeeyar

Just like any other troll, you are now blocked. I cannot see what of any value I would miss from you anyway. So long. And please refrain from emailing me personally, I wouldn't want to have to contact your ISP over this.

Reply to
Frank

I'm sooooo scared! Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Sic'em DR1 Driver LOL LOL LOL!!

If you can't take the heat get outta the kitchen. Block us all....Please!!!!

Personally I thought that to be a good thread. Oh well what do FAT WHITE BOYS KNOW!!!!

Reply to
Efulmer

all....Please!!!!

Bloody hell, I started this thread because I thought it may be a bit of 'fun'. My wife is not stupid enough to believe that a FF6 TX costs £50, just like I'm not stupid enough to believe her new shoes cost £10. It is just a game we play. Now stop flaming each other.

Reply to
freeda

To put this all in context, DR is upset about a response that I gave in the recent thread on the Duraplane 20 CG thread. So much so, apparently, that he decided to try and roast me here. He took a tongue-in-cheek humorous reply (one of many in this thread) and said such wise noble mature things as MY wife this and MY wife that, reminiscent of kids on a schoolyard arguing over whose daddy is strongest. It seems he wanted to get in a pissing contest over our wives, rather than recognize this thread for what it is, a few guys having a bit of fun. You know, HA HA. It is, to me, a bit childish and sad. DR wrapped up this good bit of behavior by showing sympathy for me, that my wife does not measure up. If I am the only one that recognizes any of this as immature boorish nonsense, and obviously an attempt to poke me in the ribs for DARING to disagree with him in matter R/C, that's okay.

Reply to
Frank Costa

Reply to
Darkstar

The thing many of us noticed is that your action was to resort to gutter language that speaks poorly of your intellegence, education, and 'values'.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High