Methanol in Austin, TX?

Hi, I am searching for Methanol, but I can't seem to find a good source

Could anyone help me out with locations? I am looking for only 1- gallons (mixing with fuel) so any price is alright (preferrably unde

10 bucks a gallon). Thanks!

-Mat

-- AvengingA

----------------------------------------------------------------------- AvengingAB's Profile:

this thread:

AvengingAB

Over here in Australia, We get our methanol from the local Speedway shop. All dirt track midget racers use methanol. I get it for less per gallon than I pay for fuel for my car. I would have though that there would be some speedways in Austin TX

Regards

Tom Watson Sydney Australia

Reply to
news

| Hi, I am searching for Methanol, but I can't seem to find a good source. | Could anyone help me out with locations? I am looking for only 1-5 | gallons (mixing with fuel) so any price is alright (preferrably under | 10 bucks a gallon). Thanks!

I'm in Austin too.

Powermaster is nearby in Elgin, TX (about 15 minutes from Austin) and maybe they can hook you up.

I've no idea if they actually deal with end users or what.

Another option would be to check any local full sized car racing clubs or companies. Since they often use methanol in their cars too, and lots more of it than we use, they might be able to sell you some for a lot less than anybody R/C related will. Though they might also not be willing to sell you less than a 55 gallon drum, or they might just let you fill up a gas can for a few bucks from their tank. It's worth a try.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Methanol is cheaper than dirt! You can find it at any shop that caters to Go Kart racing. Buy some lubricant and nitro and you can mix your own fuel at a fraction of the cost of commercial ones.

Ciao,

Mr Akimoto

Reply to
Mr Akimoto

I get mine from VP Racing Fuels. Of course their facility is on the southside of San Antonio...

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High