Model Tech Mach Racer .40 ARF

Popped into the local hobby store this afternoon to see what was new, and actually saw something new. The owner had just finished building a Model Tech Mach Racer .40 ARF:

It's quite inexpensive, but the covering on it looked terrific. The entire bottom of the plane is covered with black-and-white checkerboard while the top is purple and gold with white.

I'm not sure if he was kidding or not, but he said some of the guys in the local club were going to race them. I imagine pylon racing with a bunch of identically covered ARFs would be a bit of a challenge.

Still, this seems like a great ARF to use for racing or combat events at a club fun fly event. It also looks like it'd just be fun to tear around the sky with one of these. Just curious if anyone has had a chance to see one fly or gotten a good look at one?

Reply to
Ed Paasch

I have a NIB one sitting in the garage. Haven't opened the box as yet.

I have been a flying wing fanatic since the early sixties when I used to fly combat using a Goldberg Voodoo. I've lost count of how many of those I have built and flown (control line).

This one should be fun.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

On the same page as where she is shown, they have some "hi-torque" low priced servos. Any good ?

Reply to
Indo Ruwet

Honestly, no idea.

Ed Cregger