Moonraker C.G.

I apologize if I've already asked this question of the group, but if I did, I still don't have an answer.

I bought a pre-built Moonraker by USA Balsa several months ago, and I'd like to find the plan-specified C.G. for the airplane. Does anyone have a set of plans that might provide the information?

Harlan

Reply to
H Davis

I have this kit and can email a picture of the plans to you if you giv

me your email address. It is currently for sale on ebay.

Stu snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co

-- merlinin

----------------------------------------------------------------------- merlinind's Profile:

this thread:

merlinind

I now see I can attach at file to this forum - i will give that a try

+------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: DSC05263.jpg |Download:
merlinind

A moonraker is a standard, conventional airplane.

As always, CG safe range is 25% to at most 33% of the chord of the wing, going back from the front.

You need to do some reading (google it) about CG, if you did not know this, already. It is part of the basic aerodynamic knowledge you should know, and understand, to be a good RC pilot.

Delta wings and tail-less airplanes are about 10% to 15%.

This is always calculated by finding the location, 1/2 of the way out on the wing, on a line running from the correct % at the root to the correct % on the tip. This makes it work for swept wings, also.

For biplanes, you have to calculate each wing separately, then average the two locations.

Reply to
Morgans

Yes, Jim, I'm aware of the general rule for finding the CG. I just thought that I might luck out if someone who actually has a Moonraker and could give me a better idea of where the CG is. I got lucky when Stu saw my post and posted a pic of the plan showing the CG. Thanks for responding and thanks for pointing that information out. I didn't know how to find the CG for a biplane. I would have discovered that soon, but thanks for bringing it up now.

Harlan

Reply to
H Davis

Stu:

Thanks for the picture. That tells me what I want to know.

Actually, I saw your listing in Ebay and sent you an e-mail through the Ebay system. After I sent that I came over to this group to read and, coincidentally, found your response. I appreciate it. You can forget answering via the Ebay system.

Thanks,

Harlan

Reply to
H Davis

It seems it's right on the spar, humm how often does that happen(don't count on it)? :) mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej