Plans scam?

I thought I bought some ship model plans from a new site, bestscalemodels.com. That was on January 11. The paypal payment was made on January 13 and has been confirmed. No plans. I did receive a one sheet free plans that was included in the promo, but not the plans I ordered. They answered my first few emails, but now they apparently have put me in their kill file. No plans, no contact, no explanation. I don't know if these guys are just totally incompetent or penny-ante con artists. Anyhow, fellow modelers, be advised, be cautious, be warned.

Boris Beizer

Reply to
Boris Beizer

Boris:

Thanks for the warning!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Hello, Boris!

I'm realy sorry for you. BUT! The plans has been sent to you a couple of times . What is the problem with you? For the last 4 years of on-line work our store has met a lot of of scam buyers, who ordered the plans, after they receive them, they told that they didn't and wanted to get money back. Sorry, but it is not the way we are working.

With all respect to our clients we do not want to harm anyone.

I hope you'll find the message unharmful for yourself.

Best regards, ______________________ Vadim Eidlin Manager, CEC

EidlinVadim

If it has been sent several times as you claim, other than shortly after I ordered them when you said that they would arrive in a few weeks, did you refuse to answer all my subsequent correspondances.

Nothing the matter with me. I just want the plans I ordered and paid for.

You have my money. I paid with paypall. Still no plans.

If the plans I ordered ever arrive and if they are up to what you promise, then I will be the first to apologize. Meanwhile a private answer to my dozen requests would have been more appropriate than this.

I still hope that this has been a mis-understanding and that the plans will eventually arrive. If indeed, as you claim, you have sent these plans out several times, then I should eventually get several copies. I will inform the newsgroup that this has happened. Meanwhile, for plans ordered over two months ago, the mail has been outrageously slow. I can only assume that you misinterpreted my order and decided that since I had ordered plans of Chinese Junks, that you arranged to have the plans sent to me by a slow boat from China .. on a junk.

Boris Beizer

Reply to
Boris Beizer

Couldn't this thread be continued via email, rather than a flame war on the newsgroup? It seems to be just between two people.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Hey, but one's a PhD and one's a Russian! Me; I'm gonna make some popcorn and sit back to watch!

-- C.R. Krieger (Don't even build ships)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

It seems headed that way but the original message seemed more of a precautionary note to those interested in plans.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I guess to be more specific on my complaint, to see a message referring to "you did this," or "you are," without specifying who you is is not very considerate. If you are posting for the group to read, make the message LOOK like it is to the group.

Even non-flame messages- one should be careful that individual messages- thanks, Tom (or whoever) would be better saying, I'd like to thank Tom for the help, changing the direction a little.

Also, while I do NOT like endless quoting in a long thread (do we have to see ALL the comments?), if you ARE addressing a single person for some reason, make that CLEAR in quotes and other statements.

Reply to
Don Stauffer