Need info on SuperStunt

Hi All

I am finishing a SuperStunt 60 that I bought part completed, but without a manual. So far so good, but I am not sure about how to set up the flaps.

My JR3810 has a rotary pot that I could use for setting the flaps, but am wondering if this is the best way to go. Would it be easier when flying/landing to just hit a switch for flaps-on rather than be fiddling with a adjustable setting via the pot? (I am not at the solo stage of flying yet, but live in hope)

And, if I use the rotary pot should I set it so flaps go both up and down? or just down?

If I use a switch, what amount of deflection (in inches or mm please) is good to start with?

Also, I think the JR has one switch with 3 positions - would off/flaps1/flaps2 be a better way to go

All ideas and suggestions much appreciated, and if anyone has a manual I would appreciate a summary of its instructions re setting the flaps.

David

Reply to
quietguy

Gotta say here that JR missed the boat by not having programmable sliders on the side of the Tx ala the Futaba 9C. Makes proportional flaps a breeze to operate without looking...

In lieu of that I think, I'd set the 3 position switch with flaps off / 1/3 down for takeoff / full down for landings...

The knob will bite you in the butt one day...

Reply to
Bill Fulmer

Never liked the knob approach to flap usage. Looking down while setting up for a landing? NOT good. I sure dig my 9C!

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople