New at Toledo

This is the umpteenth time I have made the trek to Toledo. More ARFs and few if any new kits. Being a builder myeslf, I hate to see the fewer and fewer kits on the market. However one can hardly build a kit and do the covering and all that for what some of the very nice ARF's cost. We have a bunch of fellows in our club (Music CityAviators..Nashville, TN) that are just "buy and fly" gus, which is ok but one doesn't learn much about modelling really. My thought on the subject. Of all that was there the thing that stood out in my mind was the Shadow 3 receiver by Sombra Labs sold through Kennedy Composites. I bought two and test flew them and they work flawlessly. Seven channels, full range 2 microvolt sensitivity, Channels programmable from chananel 11 to 80...and 6 meters coming this summer. dual conversion, very narrow band, automatic shift detection, 3 different programmable fail safe modes, plus assignable channels to any of the pin sets and two can be stacked for 14 channels. 4 to 5 channels is all I ever need....plus it weighs only 8 grams and isn't much bigger than a postage stamp. Programming is simplicity itself and only takes a mement with the plug in unit..and the receiver remembers what it is programmed until you change it Talk about state of the art!!! You can see it and read about it at

I think I got that right...if not just go to kennedy composites. I have no connection toeither of these companies...just really knocked out with the little receivers. Frank Schwartz Hendersonville (Nashville area) TN

Reply to
Frank Schwartz

Frank -

Thanks for the info. Where on the internet do the builders hang out? Are you familiar with Paul Johnson's site? He recommends Sig kits. Do you have any kit recommendations? I need to build a trainer.

LeeH

Frank Schwartz wrote:

Reply to
Lee Hopper

(RCU) has lots of builders. Paul's site is nice, lots of good info. He goes by CafeenMan on RCU. The Sig LT40 trainer is highly recommended by many people.

Reply to
C G

We were there displaying and selling our laser-cut "Nemesis 3D-II" kit and "Slick" ARFs. To my surprise, the Nemesis kit outsold our ARFs at Toledo. During normal business operations, the ARFs outsell the kit by a factor of

10-to-1.

Randy Model Airplane Engineering

R.J. Roman

OK Randy, I'm in Texas and couldn't get to the show. You gonna extend me the "Show Special"? :) mk

Reply to
MK

Sure! :-)

Reply to