New way to elect club officers

The club I belong to nominates officers during the August business meeting. During the September business meeting the members vote and elect new officers for the upcoming year. This year some of the clubs old timers added a new procedure. It now works like this. Nominations are made during the August business meeting. Then all the old timers that did not get nominated during the business meeting nominate each other and place their names on the list, on top of that they delete names of members that were nominated during the August meeting. I would like to know if your club will be adopting our new form of electing officers.

Reply to
O4U2P

If only we had that many volenteers.... I`d go for it... consider yourself lucky to be in a position where so many actually want to be club officers.

Reply to
SKYLANE42

Reply to
Mike Norton

Agreed

Reply to
Charlie H.

Notice they never mention the club, notice that they usually have a bogus e-mail address to go with it.

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Sounds like you need a new club or fewer old-timers! Trouble is, if all the oldtimers are gone there won't be anyone to get nothing done.

Good Luck,

Reply to
Skyhawk

We have a mix of young and old. Anyone we can railroad into office.

Reply to
J_R

Reply to
Troy Stark