newbie question

I have a Futaba 4VF radio that came with an RTF model I bought and totalled
last year. I'm looking at putting together an ARF for this summer.
Obviously, I will need a receiver and servos. Do I need to make sure they
are Futaba as well?
Thanks
Reply to
Mitch
No, but there are a few compatibility issues - shift of receiver, and plug styles on servos, that you need to watch out for.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
I have a Futaba 4VF radio that came with an RTF model I bought and totalled last year. I'm looking at putting together an ARF for this summer. Obviously, I will need a receiver and servos. Do I need to make sure they are Futaba as well?
Thanks ===================== If you kept the electronics from the RTF, hook everything up on your workbench and see if it works. Maybe you do not need to buy anything.
Reply to
Carrell
Did you keep the receiver and servos? If you did, hook them up and see if they work. If they don't, try borrowing a another Futaba/Hitec receiver on the same frequency and see if the servos still function. However, buying a flight pack is almost as expensive as buying a whole new lower-end radio system. You might want to go that route and use your 4VF as a buddy box.
Morris
Reply to
Morris Lee

Site Timeline