Beginner over his head!

I just got a BugZ model kit (Xmas from my wife). I have never put these things together and the manuals are terible!

First I want to check out the servos. I have a HiTech Laser 4 FM radio. It came with (2) HS-55 feather servos. When I apply power to the receiver and servo, The servo just oscillates. It does not react to the radio.

The back of the radio says channel 21. The receiver has a small tag that says CH11.

Do these need to match?

This was purchased from Backyard hobbies and was supposed to have all the required parts.

What do I do next?

Gary...

Reply to
Gary Kahrau

| The back of the radio says channel 21. | The receiver has a small tag that says CH11. | | Do these need to match?

Yes, absolutely.

They aren't the only thing that has to match, but they definately do have to match. | This was purchased from Backyard hobbies and was supposed to have all | the required parts. | | What do I do next?

Call Backyard Hobbies I guess.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Doug,

That's what I thought! I'll contact backyard hobbies.

Thanks, Gary...

snipped-for-privacy@frenzy.com (Doug McLaren) wrote:

Reply to
Gary Kahrau

All the selling dealer will need to do is to swap the receiver crystal. That's the part that has the channel number on it. Probably some old buzzard who couldn't see well enough to tell the difference between an "11" and a "21!" Don't ask me how I know! ;-)

Reply to
Geoff Sanders

Yup.

Contact backyard hobbies and (nicely) convince them that they shipped something unuseable. Have them cross ship a new reciever on channel 21 if possible and they should be footing the bill for all shipping.

FYI, you can probably replace the receiver crystal for ~$10 with a channel

21 version if you dont get anywhere with the vendor, but it would be nice to give them a chance to make it right. I know it is difficult though as you are probably anxious to start playing. Now would be a good time to download FMS and practice flying on your computer :)
Reply to
Steve Banks

Yes. They are shipped from the manufacuor matched.

The _Hobby Store_ swiched either the receiver or the transmitter to please some other customer. You bought used or willfully tampered equiptment. I would never shop at that store again.

Take all your stuff back and _demand_ a full replacement of everything, being sure all the boxes are sealed. Or I would be in small claims court the next day.

Reply to
Andrew

in article BfHzd.6914$CH5.6739@fed1read01, Andrew at snipped-for-privacy@poppo.com wrote on

12/26/04 4:51 PM:

Gary-

Also be aware that only the receiver crystal can be swapped to a new one. The transmitter crystal MAY NOT be swapped.

So you need a CH21 for the receiver to match the transmitter.

swede

All very true, but I'm buying _NEW_ equipment. Note, that means NOT USED. I don't have to do anything except pay. And who said the receiver wasn't the original and the entire transmitter was swapped? Remember- the dealer (Backyard hobbies) is not honest.

Reply to
Andrew