tx and rx whats a good deal (AU)

Gday all just trying to choose a good radio system for my first plane, these are the ones that have caught my eye

ok, theres a Futaba skysport 4 with 3 servo's for $200AU, no batteries or chargers etc.. and a HITEC LASER 4CH FM same deal

or a JR Quattro with 4 servo's batts and chargers for $300AU.. apparently comes with 7 ch receiver?

is the extra 100 bucks for the other stuff a much better deal? or can you buy batteries and charger for them for under 100? this was from

I live under a rock so mail order really is the only way for me

thanks in advanced Nathan

(Futaba 4VF skysport 4. 4 channel FM aircraft radio with adjustable alloy control sticks, servo reverse(4), trainer system with a operating function of 36mhz and 3 standard servos(3003)

JR QUATTRO 4CH FM RADIO MODE 1

- 4ch FM R/C system suitable for planes and gliders.

- Contains transmitter with nicad battery pack,R700 7 ch receiver,receiver nicad battery pack,4x NES577 servos, 240VDC charger and on/off switch.

- Features- servo reversing on 4 channels,adjustable control stick length,trainer system,LED battery voltage indicator and neck strap.

Reply to
MadBiker

I know you want to save money, but I would highly suggest starting with a 6 or 7 channel computer radio. That aren't that much more, and I guarantee that you will want to move up to one almost immediately so buying cheap right now is false economy. I'm not talking about the high end stuff. Take a look at the basic Futaba computer rigs and I don't think you'll regret it.

MJC

Reply to
MJC

Like what tho? what sort of ones should I be looking for...

thanks

receiver,receiver

Reply to
MadBiker

Excellent advice! You'll save more money in the long run if you step up and spend a few more dollars now. As time goes on and you stay with this sport you WILL want a better radio. Don't shortchange yourself now. I prefer JR equipment, but there's nothing wrong with any of the other major brand TX's, like Futaba, Hitec, etc. Which one to choose? Go to your local field, ask what everybody's using. Ask them why they chose the particular model they have and what do they like about the features on their TX. Also, ask them what features they could live without. While your saving up the extra money for a computer radio, start doing your research. on the web and in magazines. Spend more save money, ! Sounds crazy, but it will come true. Good luck, Howard Orlando, Fl. Fly all year!!

Reply to
Howard