NG posts slow???

Is everyone else experiencing slow posting to this NG???

Maybe it's just these Cox suc, er, people I use for an ISP.....

Bill

Reply to
Bill Fulmer

I've noticed a decline in the number of posts over the last month or two.

I imagine a lot of people have found their happiness elsewhere.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Only from rabid Bushites, but thats to be expected....;-)

Yes. Usenet is not hosted anywhere, its spread across thousands of news servers who commuinicate with other asynchronously. The volume is massive, and most servers don;t keep up at all well, sometimes they don't ever catch up and articles are silently ignored.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I would suspect this is the case, as a lot of post lately seem be be flame wars that are OT.. I still like to lurk and listen.

Reply to
tailfeathers

I enjoy the group.

I've been posting to it since around November, 1995. Feels like home to me.

I filter a lot of people and a lot of threads. Maybe that's why the pace seems "slow." There's a lot of stuff I don't see. ;o)

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

I know the feeling.