NiCd or LiPo?

Hi,

I used to fly rc planes some years ago, had to stop a while during university, and now I want to reactivate my planes again. But first I have question. Some years ago I thought my NiCD Cells with 1800mAh are great. But now I wonder what kind of accumulators I should buy to put in my 6cells plane, powered by an "Graupner" 540vz motor. I have a Schulze Chamäleon charger that supports LiPos with the current Firmware. Any hints, or some links I should are will be nice.

Thank you

Marcus

Reply to
Polarbaer

Li-Pos are going to be MUCH lighter. That plane will fly like a whole different animal. You'll need a speed control for that motor, the one you have may cut-off too low for Li-Pos. I reccomend Li-Pos. mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

2s LIPO pack around 2000-3000mAh. For direct drive.

If geared use 3s LIPO and prop down to about 20A.

Packs are lighter - much lighter - and have far more duration.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher