using a 2 cell LiPo for Rx batt?

This thing peak charges to 8.4 by my Triton. How would I use this as the Rx batt for my glow planes? I stepped off into Electric flight with a Superfly and a SuperFlea powered by LiPo. I never thought I'd enjoy electric flight but these planes are fun! mk

Reply to
MK

| This thing peak charges to 8.4 by my Triton. How would I use this as | the Rx batt for my glow planes?

You need a voltage regulator. This is probably the biggest reason that you don't already see lots of Li-poly batteries in glow planes.

They're not too expensive, but they're still a lot more expensive than a simple 4 or 5 cell NiCd pack.

| I stepped off into Electric flight with a Superfly and a SuperFlea powered | by LiPo. I never thought I'd enjoy electric flight but these planes are | fun!

Indeed.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Go to fmadirect.com. They sell voltage regulators to power receivers from two cell lithium batteries. Tower also now sells such a device, but their catalog description indicates that they don't even understand what the thing is used for. I like the lipos for electric powered flight, but they should be taken out of the airplane and put in a fireproof container to be charged. The receiver batteries in my glow planes are usually in some poorly accessible area. Seems like too much hassle for the relatively small amount of weight loss to the overall aircraft.

Reply to
mike tully

Bought one of the 1020 2C packs from them last night for use as a power source for one of my wireless video systems. Came complete with a 5v regulator. $53 and change with shipping.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople