No posts?

Just for the fun of it, I peeked into Google after I finished reading newsgroups with Agent and answering some e-mail. My post had arrived.

I think that's pretty impressive.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

"Martin X. Moleski, SJ" wrote

I frequently keep near real time conversations in another group. When I send a post, I can usually see it on the web in the amount of time it take to sync the group. About 5 seconds?

If you have a web site that you can post pictures to, a hot link makes that possible. There are many free photo sharing sites. Granted, it means you have to make an extra click and wait a few seconds, but I don't mind doing that, either.

Some of the other points have validity, but to me, usenet is like the saying about democracy. Something like "it is the worst form of government, except for all of the rest."

Usenet, to me, is the easiest way to read a bunch of posts in a big hurry, and not have to poke around to figure out where all of the posts of the day are located. I have tried web based groups, and have come to the conclusion that they are so cumbersome that I rarely make the effort to read them.

Of course, these are my opinions, and everyone has one of their own. That is what keeps life interesting, I guess.

Reply to
Morgans

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 18:16:39 -0400, "Morgans" wrote in :

Me, neither.

I'm just as happy not to have to look at all the ads, avatars, and site chrome.

I accept that Usenet is not for everyone.

Agreed completely. I've been reading Usenet for about 13 years or so. It is very much to my taste.

Yup.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

in :

Well checkout firefox with adblock.

Well I read it too, as you can see, but for RC modelling, its not where I converse, mainly.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

This may be a strange way to look at it...but..I think a good thing about this group is that it DOESN'T HAVE a zillion posts everyday. Great variety; but limited volume...That's a good thing for busy people. Rich

Reply to
richg99

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 09:37:45 -0500, richg99 thought:

Yes, but it often has no posts other than posts about no posts. ;-)

Reply to
Vance Howard

"Vance Howard" wrote

I knew you were going to say that.

But then, you knew I knew that you were going to say that.

Reply to
Morgans

Sorry for pumping out some old posts this afternoon.

I was trying to debug a problem with Agent and cleared my Outbox without looking to see what was stuck in it ...

My bad.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ