Noise pollution /reduction

The principle of law involved is called coming to the nuisance. If the several good suggestions presented above don't stop the complaints, perhaps a good lawyer might convince the powers that be that because the field was there first, those complaining must foot the bill to have you relocate. Then, Sir, your Ministry of Silly Walks could provide the complainants with a silly walk because of the pain you've inflicted to their backsides! ;-)

Reply to
Geoff Sanders

"balleyhoo"< SNIP

Uh don't take it THAT way. I have seen it happen, honest. People will move in next door to race track, MX track, flying field, airport etc. THEN start complaining about the noise...THAT is the kind of person I can't stand. Whining little piggies.

Reply to
Keith Schiffner

Reply to
balleyhoo

The sad part is, those complainers usually win the court case, eventually. Start looking for another field, just in case.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Not so quick to throw in the towel, Ed. John makes a good point about gathering data about other noise sources (has to be referenced to the level heard by the complainant, of course) in the local environment. It may well help influence whomever is standing in judgement of whether or not your model airplane noise is a basis for a legitimate nuisance complaint. A carefully conducted survey of ambient levels in the area of the flying site, during the normal hours of operation, can be persuasive if it demonstrates that the model activity isn't contributing significantly to any increase above ambient. If there are objective levels specified in the ordinances, compliance with these can also be demonstrated, of course. I know of some clubs that have done this, including my own, and we did indeed get unreasonable comlaints dismissed as without merit. It takes some effort and it's too late to start doing it after a complaint is filed, but the effort is small compared to what went into obtaining and improving the flying site, and repeating the process if you get booted out.

Abel

Reply to
Abel Pranger

Anything is worth a try, Abel. Even if it just buys them a year or two, it will give them a chance to scout around and query the state for possible relocation to a recreational site owned by the state. Who knows, they may get lucky and get another decade for their efforts.

I just hate having one field with no options lined up, if you know what I mean?

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

I live in the Atlanta area and I do not know of any all electric field. Which field has gone all electric?

Reply to
Sport Pilot

Come to think of it PCPhill must be pulling our leg. I just realized that he said NE Georgia, but Atlanta is NW Georgia.

Reply to
Sport Pilot

If Georgia was a square, it would be NW Georgia, as it is actually shaped, it's NE.

Reply to
PCPhill

realized

Ahh, no its not. I think you are a troll. I know of no all electric fields in the Atlanta area. Why do you not reveal the field?

Reply to
Sport Pilot

I've been promoted to troll, without even getting involved in any flame wars. I feel privileged!

Heading down to SEFF in about 10 hours. If any Rec.R/Cer's are going down, Please introduce yourselves. I'd love to be able to put faces to the names. I'll be working the raffle at least 10 hours during the weekend and will have PCPhill blazened on my namebadge.

PCPhill

Reply to
PCPhill

electric

You refuse to answer the question, which field has gone all electric? Why is this hard to answer?

Reply to
Sport Pilot

It's not hard to answer, but we were "on probation" for a period of time with the neighbors, and we were trying to limit activity until we were sure we could stay open. ( We were officially shut down for a time) We are now apparently good to go. The club is The Atlanta Drone Society, 15 years in it's current Braselton GA location, now officially all electric. Look for lots of engines on Ebay soon.....

A great time was had by all at SEFF, inspite of hurricane force winds. Got to meet Red briefly, but I was hoping to see more locals.

PCPhill

We all think we live in NE GA, and just because you don't know of an electric field doesn't mean there aren't any. I sent you a personal email with the info before you called me a troll. Can't we keep things a little civilized.

Reply to
PCPhill

I agree with you Ed.

The club I belonged to lost a field because of complaints from someone nearby who had kennels and "boarded" dogs. The dogs made more noise than we did, and there were kids riding around nearby fields on unsilenced motor bikes.

The model airplanes got the boot - it was Council land.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Fisher

So what do you people have against diesels?

:-)

Mike Mandaville Austin, Texas

Reply to
MikeMandaville

I love Diesels, except for one thing. They stink.

NI

Reply to
Not impressed