re: RC clubs near Prescott, AZ

Hi, There are several clubs in or near Prescott. CHINO VALLEY MODEL AVIATORS* 3798 BJORK RICHARD PO BOX 3616 CHINO VALLEY AZ 86323 Email: snipped-for-privacy@CABLEONE.NET

CENTRAL ARIZONA MODELERS INC 898 STEWART BARBARA J PO BOX 3048 SEDONA AZ 86340 Phone: 520/284-9124 Email: snipped-for-privacy@AOL.COM

TRI CITY R/C FLYERS 3563 BLAIR GENE 317 COPPERSTILL CIR PRESCOTT AZ 86303 Email: snipped-for-privacy@msn.com

CASA DE AERO 1723 WILKISON GENE PO BOX 12913 PRESCOTT AZ 86304-2913 Email: snipped-for-privacy@JUNO.COM

I belong to Central Arizona Modelers (CAM,

which is half way between Cottonwood and Sedona (10 miles south of Sedona). We have a member who is also a member of the Chino Valley Aviators. The proprietors of Valley Hobby in Prescott Valley, the LHS where I prefer to shop, are members of the Chino Valley club.

CAM is a laid back club of roughly 90 members, most of whom are at or near retirement. We don't specialize in any type of plane nor in any type of flying. Although we don't have anyone who flies helicopters, we have a few members who fly electrics. We have a few who occasionally fly 1/4 scale and

1/3 scale, but the vast majority are probably fly 40-size to 1.20 size glow powered aircraft. We also have a few who are interested in 1/2A size old-timers and/or rc free flight. Some members go to competitions sometimes, but we never host competitions at our field. Our emphasis is fun and fellowship for those who enjoy RC flying and building.

I'm sure you will easily find a club that is both close to where you choose to settle, and that fits your expectations for RC flying. Good luck to you.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerome A. Westphal

Thanks for the info.