Any RC Air Clubs or fields around Prescott or Prescott Valley, Arizona?

Thinking about moving.

OS

Reply to
Old Sailor

There are a couple in that area. Beautiful place to live!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I've lived in Prescott Valley for 15 years now. Growth rate has been incredible to say the least! There are 3 clubs currently operating in the area. Two fields are dirt and one paved (finally). I belong to the Chino Valley Model Aviators and personally, I think they have the undisputed best field in this area. Here's the club site.

It's about a 30 minute drive from Prescott Valley.

Casa De Aero field is on the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University campus. It's a dirt field surrounded by shrub oak and limited vertically by the Love Field traffic pattern.

There used to be another field that was at the intersection of Hwy 69 and

169. Dirt strip surrounded by a deep drywash on two sides and fence on the others. I don't know if it's still operating.

If you get into Prescott Valley, stop into Valley Hobby Shop. Tony and Donna Pacini are the owners and have all the club information (including maps to the fields) on hand and are extremely customer-friendly. Their store is on the frontage road (north side) just off either Navajo Drive or Robert Road.

Any other questions about the area, email me (remove the "notso") and I'd be glad to help out. If you do move here...Welcome to the neighborhood!

Greg

Reply to
Greg

so are the clubs still active?

Reply to
sloper steve

"Chino Valley Model Aviators and personally, I think they have th

undisputed best field in this area."

That is one nice site....but I bet I could hit that mountian near th top of the picture :)

Jerr

-- tailskid

Been modeling since '49 - which makes me an Old Fart

----------------------------------------------------------------------- tailskid2's Profile:

this thread:

tailskid2

Visited the Chino Valley Model Aviators field mid-winter several years ago . . it must have been a "make the best with what you can get" situation, but I remember wondering why the runway was sited on a slope, since the adjacent terrain is relatively level.

Reply to
aeropal

They must have wanted a new slant on life.

Bill(oc)

Reply to
Bill Sheppard

I just moved to Prescott and looking into clubs and flying fields, I see these posts are 9 years old and the chino valley web site is no longer valid, any advice???

Reply to
JP Gorham

Just moved to Prescott from Phoenix. Will help out newcomer with proper radio installation

tightening covering, balancing, etc....I currently fly sport glow planes in the 90-120 category.

15 years experience. Give me a call so you can get your plane ready. Bob Wurth 928-277-4201
Reply to
Robert J Wurth