any cheap and good handheld or pc scope

as subject. i want to buy one for my robot project.

I'm sorry, did you just say "cheap" and "handheld" in the same sentence?

A fast A/D and scope program cartridge for my old Handspring would approach this, and be pretty useful I think. Digital sampling scope, spectrum analyzer, and DMM in one small package.
Maybe someone can do it with CompactFlash and I'll have an excuse to buy a new PDA. Maybe this is my million-dollar idea that I shouldn't be talking about.
Well, no. http://www.kentscientific.com/catalogpagesearch5akent.asp?pageA Second item down. Though the price is a tad over what I was thinking, they do have a Springboard module.
As always, some university kids have contributed their effort as well: http://www.ece.uvic.ca/499/2001a/group10/Introduction.html
Just a tad? At that price you can almost buy a real scope.
Two reasonably cheap PC based usb scopes I've found are the Easyscope (http://www.usbwholesale.com/oscilloscope.htm ) and the Optascope (http://www.optascope.com /). I bought the Easyscope and haven't had too many complaints. One thing I regret is buying the probes from the same retailer.

http://www.kentscientific.com/catalogpagesearch5akent.asp?pageA
I like this one. It's very bandwidth limited but for general purpose timings and signals it works well and is free.
http://polly.phys.msu.su/~zeld/oscill.html
-Dave

many
retailer.
they

approach
http://www.kentscientific.com/catalogpagesearch5akent.asp?pageA
http://www.fpga4fun.com/digitalscope.html
logic analyser xilinx cpld app notes 359 and 368 http://direct.xilinx.com/bvdocs/appnotes/xapp359.pdf http://direct.xilinx.com/bvdocs/appnotes/xapp368.pdf
bus analyser http://direct.xilinx.com/bvdocs/appnotes/xapp369.pdf
there was a addon kit for springboards for cplds from insight don't know if they still sell it.
others that may be of interest http://direct.xilinx.com/bvdocs/appnotes/xapp364.pdf http://direct.xilinx.com/bvdocs/appnotes/xapp366.pdf http://direct.xilinx.com/bvdocs/appnotes/xapp367.pdf http://direct.xilinx.com/bvdocs/appnotes/xapp370.pdf
Alex
Velleman makes a couple of decent ones.
Mike